The project RobMoSys aims to provide an integrated model driven methodology to establish a common open source methodology for software development that will foster interoperability through composability and configurability principles . RobMoSys will coordinate the whole community’s best and consorted efforts to build an open, sustainable agile and multi-domain european robotics software ecosystem. This shall increase the scalability and quality of robotics software development, help to commoditize base functionality, such as motion control, navigation, software components of certifiable quality and achieve predictable system integration.
Main aims of the project:
- Applying model-driven methods and tools to envision an integrated approach built on top of the current code-centric robotic platforms.
- Enabling the management of the interfaces between different robotics-related domains in an efficient and systematic way according to each system’s needs.
- Establish Quality-of-Service properties.
- Drive the non-competitive part of building a professional quality ecosystem by encouraging the community involvement.
- Elaborate many of the common robot functionalities based on broad involvement of the community via two Open Calls.
We are integrating our autonomous manipulation robot TIAGo for pilots in manufacturing and domestic environments.